Just did the following tests:
FC - 5.5
CH - 225
TA - 80
CYA - 50
pH - 7.5
temp 59-60 degrees

That came up pretty bad at -51...

I added both CaCl2 [16-20 cups of pellets by vol] & NaHCO3 [2lbs] and waiting to take readings again...

With a CSI of -.51 [knowing ranges of .6 to -,6] are where you want to be, 0 as ideal, what kind of things can you expect to happen in pool? My light brown travertine water tile seems to be hazed up and lighten some...mainly on the side w no sun exposure...

thanks and pls advise,
tstex

Welcome back! :wave: Another TX swim season will be here before we know it. As for the CSI, we've discussed that many times behind "the curtain". You've been with TFP for a while now and I know you've always been quite attentive to your pool, so the simple fact that colder water has impacted your CSI for a few weeks is not (alone) a major concern. Simply letting the pH rise a bit will push the CSI up quickly. I've had to ride my pH around 7.8-8.0 for the past few weeks. I also increased my TA to help as well - for now. Our experts all agree that it would take months for a wayward CSI (high or low) to really impact plaster. At the same however, products (stone, fiberglass, etc) can still reveal subtle signs of change over time. It's not always scale or erosion. Sometimes it can be a form of oxidation or simply a by-product of how the material was fabricated at the factory. Very difficult to know in every scenario. But your numbers above are not so far-off that it would make me say with confidence the CSI was the prime reason for the changes you are seeing. Since you've taken action chemically to adjust, let us know if the stone shows any positive reaction to the changes you've implemented.

Thanks Pat, will do...appreciate the follow-up...and yes, swim season will be there before we know it.

I really like the winter bc it's optimal time at the ranch and cooler weather means no snakes, mosquitoes and no sweat ! :) Not that I mind hard work, just not sweating all the time, esp when I do not want to do so.

Hope all is well up North and thanks again, tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.