Whats the best fitting to use for this spa air control pipe?

FLDude

Jul 21, 2022
Clearwater,FL
Hi All,

The pool i have has a bench with two built in spa jets, to control the air for the jets theres just a pipe sticking out the ground right behind them with a slit that someone had cut out to draw in air. I taped it up for now until i get a permanent fix.

The question i have is whats the best fitting i can use with this pipe to be able to control the air going to the spa jets, is a simple spa air control valve what im looking for or is there something else? Is there anything remote i can use as well so i dont have to walk out there to turn the valve every time i want the spa on?

Picture attached for reference and the spa jets are hooked up to my return jet plumbing with a three way valve at the pool pump for control.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230307_100646.jpg
    20230307_100646.jpg
    787.8 KB · Views: 8
Why do you want to control the air flow into the venturis?

However, normally, air pipes are left open with some sort of grid or mesh covering the opening. Like this:

y4myHEbBOUnaVWVtsQXN974aZORS6z6Cp04VXuqCDB9fpVC2mt747iae5lBewVNUYcfoL9WoHAuv2PH_bQTOaCOmpfRVMyQKGP83kplX6Tq4jq8c1Xxwr5xdqwwjnOxY13Qw8mJs3HvgyCXbxfAQSCb_qCdma4dRpSit76VR_tjj4Y-R1-G1ZNSESOYBTHHRB246eas3FDpmsd1b07A1yL-JVclJPR0xHxnz94l7IpGdHw

A 2-way valve could be used to control the air flow.

Last edited:
Why do you want to control the air flow into the venturis?

However, normally, air pipes are left open with some sort of grid or mesh covering the opening. Like this:

y4myHEbBOUnaVWVtsQXN974aZORS6z6Cp04VXuqCDB9fpVC2mt747iae5lBewVNUYcfoL9WoHAuv2PH_bQTOaCOmpfRVMyQKGP83kplX6Tq4jq8c1Xxwr5xdqwwjnOxY13Qw8mJs3HvgyCXbxfAQSCb_qCdma4dRpSit76VR_tjj4Y-R1-G1ZNSESOYBTHHRB246eas3FDpmsd1b07A1yL-JVclJPR0xHxnz94l7IpGdHw
Ah ok, im new to this so i wasnt sure how it worked or what the best practice is. Basically if i shut them off completely the two return jets i have are way too powerful to get any skimmer action going so i was leaving them open so that i had less power going to the return jets so that i can get the right amount of force for the skimmer to pull in debris. If i carry on doing that with the setup in thd picture you posted it would probably draw in air through the spa jets.

I've actually just changed my pump to a variable speed one so that might be able to let me close the spa jets off completrly and just reduce the power on the pump to get good skimmer action, in which case the above setup could work for me.

Thanks!

You want to control the flow rate of water not air. That is done with the 3-way valve between the pool and the spa return pipes. You can also use the VS pump RPM to adjust the flow rate which is a more energy efficient solution.

Please fill out your signature with your pool equipment:

Also, post a picture of your pad equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.