Whats the best barbecue to buy in 2013?

That is the max that you can set the cooker controller to (and temp in the cooker is measured on the indirect side away from the direct flame zone). On another site they did a performance review using an IR gun and I believe that it hit over 800.

They all have the good and bad. Really makes it difficult to choose just one for all things doesn't it?

DSC_7541_zpse8ebc950.jpg

DSC_2328_zpsf255762c.jpg

DSC_7540.jpg

DSC_2301_zpsf2ec53d0.jpg

DSC_8348.jpg

duraleigh said:
pragmatic,

I don't think I've ever seen a professionally produced commercial make food look more inviting. Wow!

Thanks! I love to cook and share recipes..as well as snap pictures of my food. My family gets tired of my antics, but I get the real stink-face from some of the fine dining restaurants. Heck the way I see it, i'm paying for it..I can play with it anyway I want, RIGHT? :mrgreen:

I bought a Vision Kamado this year and I have really been enjoying it. It was on clearance at my local Costco for $399. I guess this is the normal process for Costco and when it's time to move product, the price goes down. I have done a nice pork butt, several spatchcock chickens, some of the best smoky burgers I have ever eaten.

This week, I smoked coho salmon. It was low and slow, ~180F for an hour or so, and it make for wonderful meal at lunch today. I did it for me as the wife and daughter said they were not interested.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
bought a weber genesis 330 with sear burner, it's just a great grill. what I found out is weber doesn't discount their products because they don't have to, and I agree with I have had grill for a year and 1/2 I think I already got my moneys worth. I payed the 950 for the 3 burner with sear, the sear burner is the greatest thing ever. that said my next purchase is going to be a big green egg, friend has one and its great. if you have a lowes near you get a movers coupon on line it will give you 10% off it says it doesn't included weber and john deere but they took it anyway.

techguy said:
I bought a Vision Kamado this year and I have really been enjoying it. It was on clearance at my local Costco for $399. I guess this is the normal process for Costco and when it's time to move product, the price goes down. I have done a nice pork butt, several spatchcock chickens, some of the best smoky burgers I have ever eaten.

This week, I smoked coho salmon. It was low and slow, ~180F for an hour or so, and it make for wonderful meal at lunch today. I did it for me as the wife and daughter said they were not interested.

I have the same one, got it for $299. I actually bought it for $399, but 3 weeks later saw it went down another $100 so I got the difference. I love it.

I also have a Weber Summit S-470 that honestly is the best Gas Grill I have ever had, but the Vision cooks better for sure.

I am making my plans to fill it up this weekend with a mixed grill. I am planning on a couple small pork roasts and a couple chickens. I want to make bacon with it.

I got a Remington branded Maverick 732 radio thermometer for my birthday... great addition.

ComputerGuyInNOLA said:
The Weber Genesis is the best grill I have ever owned. I have a NG unit with the side burner. I got the SS model but after a year I purchased the cast iron grates. My brother has the black Weber Genesis andpllljnb emhis CI grates cook and season better than the SS grates. If money would have not played into the equation, I would have purchased a TEC infrared grill. I have read that the TEC can reach temperature of above 800 degrees which is great for cooking steaks and pizza.
Tyuhgxygf

Cajun said:
I am very happy with my lynx grill. I went with the 42" model with 2 standard burners and one proSear. The lynx prosear is one of the only infrared burners that actually adjust its temp range. You can sear anything from steaks and sea scallops. I suggest you take a look at it when comparing grills.
We have a Summerset and it also has adjustable Sear burner. They claim it gets up 1200degrees. It is great for searing steaks. We love Pittsburg style Steaks, Charred on the outside and rear on the inside. :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.