What's clogging my chlorine feeder output tubing?

Patents can claim whatever novelties they like, but it doesn't mean they are useful or effective. Plenty of things have been patented that are complete garbage. A patent is simply a right of intellectual property assigned to the patent holder, it says nothing about utility. In this aspect of calcium precipitation, the amount of material precipitated is likely insignificant to the total weight of calcium dissolved in the pool water OR added everyday via evaporation and refill.

As for CC formations, it is concentration driven. At low FC, many of the reaction rates of various noxious CC's are so low that it doesn't matter. But once you start increasing the concentration of chlorine in the water, reactions start to proceed much faster. There are CC's that are measurable on the FAS-DPD test and there are trihalomethane (THM) and disinfection by-products (DPB) compounds that are not measurable but still very dangerous. I'm reminded once of a post by a person who setup an intex pool with an SWG and let the SWG run at 100% output with no CYA in the water and covered the pool to warm it. The person then got into the pool and, within a few minutes, became very light-headed and nauseous. The measured FC was off the charts and beyond the ability of DPD test to measure (which means much more than 50ppm) and, because there was no CYA in the water, the FC was free to react with anything organic. It's likely the person was made ill by the formation of CCs and chloroform from the oils and organics on their skin.

So yeah, shooting highly chlorinated water into a filter can cause some serious issues. Whether or not they are measurable is not easily known. You could attempt to measure the FC of the outflow water from the liquidator and see if it you can dilute it to get a reasonable measurement.
I've been using the Liquidator for many years and have never had any (measurable) CC's. Filter is a sand filter with Zeolite media, and I only backwash it every few months (except during spring pollen season).

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I've been using the Liquidator for many years and have never had any (measurable) CC's. Filter is a sand filter with Zeolite media, and I only backwash it every few months (except during spring pollen season).

Does the pool water get good sun exposure?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.