What's a good way to estimate cost of replacing (100%) of our pool enclosure?

cflannagan

Gold Supporter
Apr 2, 2011
Palm Harbor, Florida
Some of the figures I've seen is $14 per sq foot. Ours is roughly 880 sq ft, which would place estimate at $12k. Would that be a good starting place to estimate the cost of replacing our existing enclosure with new one?

Our current enclosure has rusting on bottom of metal posts and I feel like some poor design decisions has been made, so in additional to replacing the enclosure structure, we want to change the drainage system inside our enclosure area as well so the drainage is further away from our posts. Someone (4 years ago) on this forum also recommended that I have cement poured up to at least 2 inches above the pavers, and at least 1 inch wide around the posts - to better protect posts from elements (especially water/rusting), so I'm considering that too.

Thanks in advance for any input you can share with some kind of rough estimate I could use to budget our money for.. the structure replacement, rework the drainage inside our enclosure area if needed, and some cement job.

You're just going to have to get several quotes to see what local costs are.

While we might be able to give an opinion, it does not mean much because we are not going to do the job.

The only thing that matters is proposals from people who are actually ready, willing and able to do the work. All else is just opinion.

Check license, insurance, references and reviews for each company. Ask for specifics so that you can compare each proposal against the rest. Negotiate with each company as best you can and decide if any of the proposals are worth accepting.

You're just going to have to get several quotes to see what local costs are.

While we might be able to give an opinion, it does not mean much because we are not going to do the job.

The only thing that matters is proposals from people who are actually ready, willing and able to do the work. All else is just opinion.

Check license, insurance, references and reviews for each company. Ask for specifics so that you can compare each proposal against the rest. Negotiate with each company as best you can and decide if any of the proposals are worth accepting.

Fair. I'm not really looking for what my final price is going to be. I understand fully well that ballpark estimates are just that.. ballpark estimates. I still need some ideas of what replacing a 880 sq ft is going to look like.

Is it reasonable to say the replacement cost for me would be $500? Of course not. Is it reasonable to say the replacement cost would be $80,000? Of course not. It's somewhere between. Am looking for a range, which will help me set some realistic expectations on how much I would need to pay for the project, even if it end up costing more than the ballpark range. If that make sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.