What to do with water when my equipment is down?

joel98z

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2021
Wylie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Above ground equipment burst during recent freeze. I am currently waiting for parts to arrive and pool company to fix. The filter pump and associated plumbing has been offline for 2 weeks and counting. I have a second pump for water feature and been running that to circulate water in the pool only. I am keeping the PH balanced and adding chlorine, but water temp is currently under 50 degrees so not sure chlorine even needed at this point? However the water is starting to cloud in pool and even more so in the spa since it has no circulation with filter pump offline. I have put my dolphin in the spa and run it daily to filter water through that. Also been skimming the top as best I can with net. Is there anything else I can do to keep it from slowly turning into a swamp? Is the even the correct approach? Hoping it will be repaired by the end of February (worst case). Thanks for any advice!

The robot is good for circulation. You can also use a submersible pump. Add chlorine as needed and brush well after because it's heavier than water and may puddle up on the bottom.

It might go cloudy from lack of filtering but at least it will be sanitary. It is what it is. Sorry you took the hit.

Reactions: joel98z
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.