What to do with abg filter

Jun 6, 2014
NYC
Hello

I have my pool winterized. With the weather being so cold in ny now i already drained water from filter and switched it to closed position. Now is it best to put it inside shed juat to keep it away from snow and rain i always dumped my sand out but this year i thought i would keep it in and see how that goes any advice would be great.

For the last 10 years, I drained the pool, disconnected the pump & took it inside, drained the filter and covered the opening with a plastic garbage bag. Used the clamp that was attaching the spider valve to the sand filter.
Never had any problems.

I have a sand filter and I just have all the plumbing removed, the filter in the winter position, and the drain plug on the bottom left off. I leave it outside since it is over 250 pounds with the "wet" sand in it.

I don't cover it or anything, but I can see how one might do that to discourage critters from going in if that matters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.