What to do for pin hole in Intex Easy Set pool

johnnierotten

May 5, 2020
Ga
Well, we finally got the ground level and setup and the pool finished filling just now. Walking around checking everything out, we noticed water spewing from a pin hole. What do we do?
We have a little repair kit of Intex patches, but the directions say it needs to be clean and “dry”...but how do you keep it dry if the water is spewing out? Of course, the hole is low down so we would basically have to drain the whole freaking pool. This is a new pool from Intex.3EB06E6D-6627-40B9-B88A-5DFF8D94E371.jpeg

What is “pf saran”? Like just a piece of Saran Wrap? And should I use the underwater patch kit or something like Flex Tape?
typo. Yes, just plain kitchen wrap. Something watertight and someone can stand there pressing it with their thumb while you dry the outside and stick something over it. That way you don't lose more water while you're hunting for a waterproof patch for inside.

Reactions: johnnierotten
Thanks! I got in and held the plastic wrap over the hole while my husband patched it, and the dry patch is working for now. We are going in a bit to pick up the patch kit you suggested and will work on getting that one on as well.

We used the clear Gorilla tape as a patch last year and it has held beautifully! We had tried the vinyl pool patches and the adhesives would not stick for us :(
I forgot to post the update about what we finally patched it with. But no leaks all winter and not now this spring/swim season!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.