What to do after leveling?

Finley

Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Hi, I just had a circle for my 15x48 Intex Easy Set leveled by a landscaper. He said to use a pair of old sneakers duct taped to a pair of old flip flops and stamp on the sand right before I install the pool. Is this because the sand could blow around because of wind, rain, etc and not be as level as it was before when it was just done? What is my goal here, how do I know when it's good enough? Just smooth it out with my feet?

When I install the pool, do I start by just putting the ground cover right over the sand? We didn't do stone or anything, just wanted to keep it simple for the first few summers.

The photo is terrible because it's raining today and I took it through a window. Just to give you an idea of the kind of landscaping we did. Very simple, no stone etc.

Attachments

• D662755C-821D-40BA-AE69-6CB2A68EBA6E.jpeg
    D662755C-821D-40BA-AE69-6CB2A68EBA6E.jpeg
    494.8 KB · Views: 26
What is my goal here, how do I know when it's good enough? Just smooth it out with my feet?
The main goals of ground prep are to ensure the ground it level as much as possible and to protect the liner from things like weeds, rocks, etc. You'll know if the pool isn't level when you start filling it with water because water always levels itself. You never want to see a pool more than 1 inch out of level from one side to the other.

When I install the pool, do I start by just putting the ground cover right over the sand? We didn't do stone or anything, just wanted to keep it simple for the first few summers.
It varies based on the owner, time, money, ground, and how detailed the owner wishes to be. We can assume you'll use paver stones around the edge where each post will be placed. Many people install insulation panels or other types of padding under the liner as protection and comfort when in the pool, but again that's totally up to you. AGP owners generally learn a lot from their first install and improve on that for the following seasons.

Hope that helps. Feel free to post back if you have more questions.

Thank you for the replies! I have an easy set, so no legs. I'll look into putting a border around the sand, that's a good idea. I see some no dig edging kits from Home Depot that should be easy enough for me to do myself in not too much time, even though I've never done it before.

Reactions: Pv2
I suggest you take a look at Pool School on this site and think about getting a good test kit. The price may seem kind of high, but the money you end up saving doing your own tests and only using cheap chemicals that you need will pay for it, trust me. Your pool is considered a temporary pool and fairly easy to dump and refill if your chemistry gets out of control, but doing it right will save having to do that and will let you enjoy it more. Especially after you decide pools are great and decide to upgrade to a bigger more permanent pool. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.