What steps to take?

With that size rock it's not going to trap much moisture. You may want to pull it back ever so slightly to keep the rocks from scratching the paint on the wall. I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Dumb question...the basic pool schedule says check ph and chlorine levels daily... is this just using that color visual tube test for chlorine also or actually using all the reagent in the Taylor kit (powder, then the drops)? I have been doing the powder daily but wondering if needed or just the tube test.

Thx!!

I typically use the FAS-DPD everyday, but that's just me. Not everyone does. You can do either. If you practice enough with the OTO viewer and differentiating between the shades of FC (yellow) colors, then you may get accurate enough to know your FC level with that alone. Then you will not use so much of the powder & drops each day, and can maybe use them every 2-3 days. Just takes some practice. But the powder & drops will always be more accurate and also seperate FC from CC, something the OTO viewer cannot do. So be mindful of that as well.

If I plan on adding chlorine I use the fas/dpd test to get an accurate idea of how much I need, about 2-3 times a week.

If I'm just going out to check and make sure the levels are where they should be I use the OTO. I only spot check levels if there has been a lot of rain or the pool has been used more frequently than normal. After you watch your pool for a while you will generally know what the test results are going to be before you even take them. Every now and again you get a surprise result which is why you keep doing the tests.

I had a trench like that around my pool when they leveled it. It sat over the winter collecting water, then freezing/thawing, which I suspect got under my pool and pitted the floor pretty badly. My solution, although I have since built a deck around the pool, was to backfill with a dirt/sand mixture so the water runs around the pool. For the fun of it, I coated the backfilled portion of the pool with Flexseal, hoping it'll delay rusting of any metal parts.

Attachments

• IMG_E7989.JPG
    IMG_E7989.JPG
    575.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8201.JPG
    IMG_8201.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 12
hmm, we are adding a tiny deck but next to the pump, not on the trench side....the installer said not to backfill too high...just 3 inches...the landscaper added a french drain so hopefully that helps (though i thought it was going up and not down but what do i know??!)

OK, i will see if I can "eyeball" the tube thing...is there any damage if too much chlorine???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.