What Speed & Time Schedule for Pump w/ SWG

Okay -- I think I have tracked down the issue of why the SWG will stop operating at a mid-low speed.

Part of it was a dirty filter, but I think the other part was bubbles accumulating in the pipes. If I got from a very high speed (like priming) down to a mid-low speed (1650) it activates just fine.

But if I have a schedule where it goes from very low (1200) and then up to mid (1800), it won't trigger and turn on.

Thus, I am updating my pump's schedule to have a 15 minute interlude at high speed (3000) between my overnight speed of 1200 and my daytime speed of 1650.

Hopefully that quick little burst of speed will get everything ready for chlorine generation!

Reactions: WGpoolnewb
Okay -- I think I have tracked down the issue of why the SWG will stop operating at a mid-low speed.

Part of it was a dirty filter, but I think the other part was bubbles accumulating in the pipes. If I got from a very high speed (like priming) down to a mid-low speed (1650) it activates just fine.

But if I have a schedule where it goes from very low (1200) and then up to mid (1800), it won't trigger and turn on.

Thus, I am updating my pump's schedule to have a 15 minute interlude at high speed (3000) between my overnight speed of 1200 and my daytime speed of 1650.

Hopefully that quick little burst of speed will get everything ready for chlorine generation!

I have this same issue at low(er) speeds like 1200. Hydrogen accumulates in the plumbing. Mine doesn't stop but it is a LOT of hydrogen that blows out when the RPMs come up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.