What size tarp do I need?

If you shop for winter covers you put in your pool size (22’ round I assume) & the actual cover dimensions will be a bit larger so there is overhang. I doubt you will find a plain ole “tarp” that size. Gotta pay the pool tax to get a round tarp.

Bigger is better as you want the water to support the tarp.if you plan on a tube and it moves around causing low spots the water will start to gather anyway and put pressure on the walls. Get it large enough to sit completely on the water and still have enough tarp to go back up the sides and over the rail for securing it. The water on the top will be supported by the water beneath.

I always buy a heavy duty round winter tarp big enough to sit on the drained water level and then hang down almost to bottom of pool.. I then zip tie sand filled bleach jugs to them. A bit pricey, but the first year I got tired of fighting the wind with the recommended size, plus i added 4 inches to it. i also didn't want to hand bleach jugs that high and take a chance on the weight ripping gromlet/rivets and voiding warranty. It is well worth the added $$'s spent not to have to fight cold and wind to recover th sides blown up from wind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.