What level of FC causes the fade?

Jun 13, 2014
TX
I had a Intex pool that I slammed and the liner bleached out/ faded badly and unevenly. It looked awful. I don't recall at what level I took the FC up to but it was not above 12 if I recall. Now I may need to slam my new Intex pool. The Mustard algae slam says to take it up to 42 until I pass a few test indicating the FC is no longer being reduced by the algae. I suspect 42 would completely bleach-out/fade my liner. Does anyone know what Intex says about the liner fade level when bleach is applied? Does anyone just know due to experience?

I cant directly answer your question, but I'm guessing it has to do with the FC/CYA relationship on the chart below. What is your CYA level? That will help people answer your question.

I tried to put my numbers in my signature before but when I hit save it always says I used too many lines. Here are my current water chemistry numbers:

FC: 7.5 in the morning and 5.0 after dusk
pH: 7.5
TA: 70
CH: 120
CYA: 75
Salt: 3,000
Borate: 50

My pool has no shade. It can take direct sun all day and often does being I'm in Houston. Nothing like leaves, branches or bugs fall into the pool since there are no trees anywhere near it. It stays remarkably clean all of the time. My water chemistry is constant except for the FC which varies between 5.0 and 7.5 depending on sun exposure, play-time in the pool and or rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.