What is this thing??? Cool pool feature or just something boring?

pool_owner_313

Dec 5, 2019
Houston TX
Hi,
I purchased a house with a pool and I think I have a majority of the equipment figured out except for one mystery. Can anyone tell me what the item in the photo is used for?

It is located in the center of the shallow wading area of the pool about 1 foot deep. It is approximately 3 inches in diameter and has a single hole in the center. It doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell (no water flowing in or out of it) and it doesn't appear to be easily removable since it is flush with the surface of the concrete.

Is it supposed to be a water feature such as a bubbler? The pool equipment is mostly by Pentair in case that helps...

Attachments

• pool_part.jpg
    pool_part.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 69
Texas Splash and eric99gt, you both are spot on, it's an umbrella holder!!! I would have never guessed. The cap was practically cemented shut from likely years of not being used but I was finally able to get it off. I was afraid of damaging it since I figured it was made of plastic but it was actually brass or something. So definitely a cool pool feature. Thanks for your help in figuring it out!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.