What if the pool’s underground plumbing leaks?

rnaval

Aug 13, 2015
Melville, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Is there any way to address underground plumbing leaks without ripping everything out?
I lose about 1/2” or more in the pool per day, in the spa I lose 3 to 4 inches per day. I checked the equipment, there is no leak anywhere.

Have you done a bucket test? Is the water in the spa connected to the pool circulation? Is it only losing water when the pool is off? Have you checked if the waste line drips when the filter is set on filter?
Please post a photo of the pool and the equipment pad and we will help you trouble shoot this problem.

I’ve not done a bucket test, will do today. Water in the spa is not really connected to the pool - only at the equipment where I can divert the pump and the heater to it which is shared by the spa, I’ll post a picture shortly so you can see my setup. The pool only loses water when the pump is on I’m guessing and the spa loses water down to the return lines whether or not the pump is on.

Here’s the photo. The pump can either run the pool or the spa, not both at the same time.

Attachments

• D612FA9D-F6E2-4734-A293-B605A4A61E6E.jpeg
    D612FA9D-F6E2-4734-A293-B605A4A61E6E.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 10
I know it's an old thread but did you find your leak?

A couple thoughts for you based on my recent experiences:
- Do you have a hydrostatic relief valve? Could it be letting water out?
- In my area, American Leak Detection (a franchise company) charges maybe $450 to try to find your leak. Worthwhile before you start digging but I wouldn't want to call them before I spent a Saturday and a couple beers poking around on my own.

Good luck and maybe update with where the leak was.

Cheers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.