What Heat pump is this? and how to troubleshoot issues

Mar 1, 2018
Glenelg,MD
Hi everyone,

We've tried firing up this heat pump to no avail. Looks like it's getting power but not turning on. We're trying to diagnose the issue but it's difficult when we don't know what it is or where to find a manual.

Looking at the stickers and searching the internet tells us it's probably a Rome/Aquacomfort S125. Does S stand for Solarium? or are we off track? Where do we find a manual/ how do we troubleshoot going forward?

Thanks!

Heat Pump1.jpgHeat Pump2.jpg

I never looked for a manual but someone had mention that this company is long out of business so finding info on this heat pump will be challenging. The company I linked to for parts is your best bet that I know of for any technical service questions you may have on this brand.

There are not a lot of user serviceable parts on a heatpump. Most pressure switches and controls can be diagnosed with a simple volt/ohm meter provided you know what the readings for each should be. Is there a schematic with it? sometimes it is inside the doors on the unit. If the Freon charge is too low the unit probably won't run due to the low pressure cutout switch doing it's job. You may need to find an AC tech to service it.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.