What do the voltage/amp readings tell to you about the system

dswwpb

Jun 22, 2017
West Palm Beach, FL
My system is working fine and the voltage/amp readings are within what circupool says they should be but I'm curious what those readings actually tell you. Do they tell you anything about the condition of the cell or the amount of salt in the pool? How do you use those readings to diagnose problems?

If they start getting lower it might be an indication that the cell is starting to deteriorate. Without further information from Circupool, all you can do it use it as a reference to see if something is changing. If it changes a lot, I'd call them.

Use a salt test kit for salt level as the salt indicators on most systems are simple resistance measurements (or conductance measurements, same thing) and they indicate a pseudo salt reading that is probably more indicative of Total Dissolved Solids.

They are used to troubleshoot the system. They are similar to the AquaRites and you can use the numbers to determine if the cell is producing chlorine or not.

The system uses the amps and water temperature to determine the salinity level. With low temperatures and low salinity the amps will be on the lower side and with high temperatures and high salinity the amps will be higher. The amp range might be 3 to 8 for a large sized cell and the voltage should be 24 to 29 volts when it is making chlorine.

Per Circupool for the RJ30+ ; the voltage should be between 21 and 27 and the amps between 2.5 and 7.8 when generating chlorine. My pool is about 90* and the voltage is at 21.5 and amperage at 4.75. My SWG is only about a month old, should I be concerned about my voltage being at the lowest end of the specs?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.