What did you do to your pool today?

Checked to make sure the solar cover has t blown away. Used the leaf blower to clear debris off the cover. Cursed at the wind for the third day of wind storms in a row.

I’m done with these cold fronts rolling in and taking away summer. We get maybe two days of warm swim weather, then BAM! Drops into the 40s at night for several days.

• Angry
Reactions: Newdude
filled it back up this week, after draining, patching last week (85 lbs of dry patching material)
Added 50 lbs ice melt, 12- 50 lbs salt ( getting ready for swg) a quart of chlorine, and 5 more lbs of cya
Caulked the pool deck, but still have more to go
Hope to be swimming by Tuesday

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got in... shivered a bit at first!
634A6C2F-486D-458F-82B7-7A8FEE40C3DD.jpeg

Took this cool pic of the sun (see the ring around it?)

9374E851-6775-4A1F-8287-DE2E2D7F97C6.jpeg

and this cool pic of a guest

2591CAB2-EBA5-4B53-9B60-6DF5AA353BCB.jpeg

Beautiful day today!

Took this cool pic of the sun (see the ring around it
Cool pic of a sundog!

I brushed and vacuumed, fished out a couple of dead wood roaches (the big scary kind), and saved a waterlogged honeybee. Held the brush so she could climb up on it. She buzzed her wings to dry them, then took off. I told her to be more careful next time.

I don't think she'll listen.

• Haha
After 5 days the pool is finally at 90°F. We are having 2 weeks of 90F+. Yesterday it hit 95°F. So the pool still felt cool getting in. Once you got out and stood in the shade with the wind, then getting back into the pool was warm.
PERFECT

Turned down the salt cell/pump run time really low for vacation. Pool will be covered for two weeks and my setting has always been too high in past years. This year I will try 30% for 4 hours which is super low, but a clean pool with 0 UV uses little it seems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support