****, what did I do. Help!

Needsdecaf

Jun 28, 2014
The Woodlands, TX
OK, so I was running through the menus on my controller, and the pump was off (cell not generating). For some reason the salt level was showing 0PPM, whereas earlier it had been showing 2900. Was thinking about shutting it down and adding some salt, but I couldn't figure why it was saying 0ppm (hadn't seen that before). So like a dope, I pressed the plus key which is "record", and now I'm getting "check system", salt low.

****, what in the **** did I do?

Hayward T Cell with ProLogic 4 automation.

It sounds like you set the long term average salt level to the instant salt reading value. The instant salt reading can vary a great deal, it could plausibly have been zero at some moment, though that is not common. If that is all that happened, simply waiting a while will resolve it. The unit will build up a new long term reading and start working again. It is also possible that something broke recently, causing the salt reading to always read zero now. If so, it won't recover until it is fixed. But that seems unlikely.

It sounds like you set the long term average salt level to the instant salt reading value. The instant salt reading can vary a great deal, it could plausibly have been zero at some moment, though that is not common. If that is all that happened, simply waiting a while will resolve it. The unit will build up a new long term reading and start working again. It is also possible that something broke recently, causing the salt reading to always read zero now. If so, it won't recover until it is fixed. But that seems unlikely.

I doubt anything broke. I had just read it last night.

When the system is not generating, it will show the instant salt as zero. Pushing the "+" saves that instant salt reading as the average. To reset, turn the production % to 0 for a few minutes. Then turn the production up until you hear a click. Then go to diagnostics and push the right arrow twice to show the instant salt reading. Once the reading stabilizes, push the + to save the instant as the average.

When the system is not generating, it will show the instant salt as zero. Pushing the "+" saves that instant salt reading as the average. To reset, turn the production % to 0 for a few minutes. Then turn the production up until you hear a click. Then go to diagnostics and push the right arrow twice to show the instant salt reading. Once the reading stabilizes, push the + to save the instant as the average.

That was it, thanks!

I wish there was a manual that came with all this stuff. Even looking up the equipment on the Hayward website yields not much useful.

Thanks again!

Yup that was an hour I'll never get back. To find "some" of the info needed. When I first installed my swg, I too wondered why the instant salinity and other displayed numbers were 0. So I called cs and they told me it generated in 200 Minute cycles. If I was doing say 60%. It would generate 2 hrs each cycle the other 80 minutes of each cycle would give zero readings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.