What clarifies as clear?

CYA is unaffected by FC levels. The red phenol Ph test on the other hand won’t be accurate over FC of 10.

I have passed the overnight test this morning! I am going to let my FC levels drop. How does everyone maintain their chlorine levels. The article mentions the pucks not being a good source since they have an effect on CYA.

I have passed the overnight test this morning! I am going to let my FC levels drop. How does everyone maintain their chlorine levels. The article mentions the pucks not being a good source since they have an effect on CYA.
Is the water crystal clear now with no recurring algae (dead or alive)?
If not - keep with slam.
If so use liquid chlorine to keep fc above minimum at all times.
FC/CYA Levels

This is the stage where you add the DE to filter, but keep FC at SLAM, until crystal clear. Read the link that was posted previously so you know to watch the pressure, etc.

Re your question as to how..

A) daily* dosing of liquid chlorine - either manually or mechanically
B) saltwater chlorine generating cell

*I think some get away with every other day depending on how much you add and what your CYA is… they key is routine testing and dosing

Reactions: Mdragger88
Re your question as to how..

A) daily* dosing of liquid chlorine - either manually or mechanically
B) saltwater chlorine generating cell

*I think some get away with every other day depending on how much you add and what your CYA is… they key is routine testing and dosing
How would I do a mechanical dosing of liquid chlorine? I have a chlorinator, but I thought they were only used for pucks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Search for Stenner pump on these forums…

If you’re going to spend the money for a mechanical chlorine pump tho I would strongly consider spending that same money on a SWG. The payback for a SWG is usually within 2 years

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.