Jun 20, 2022
Nashville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all,
So glad I found this site. I'm less than 72 hours in on my SLAM and boy what a difference. The two pics below show what my pool looked like on Monday and what it looks like today (Thursday). I started SLAMming Monday night and hopefully my OCLT will come back good tomorrow and I can exit SLAM. I currently meet the other two requirements.

Thanks for the tips and this site. Bonus is that I now have a cool and robust testing kit.

P.S. Please excuse the area around the pool. It was just installed last month and we still have work to do.
Screenshot_20220623-142103_Ring.jpg
Screenshot_20220623-142127_Ring.jpg

Looks great! Stick around a while and help motivate others.
Oh I plan on it. That was part of my reason for sharing the pics. For anyone that is new here and trying to decide whether to follow the SLAM process or not, I can tell you that it works and really isn't all that difficult. I must admit that I did have a bit of sticker shock when I went to buy the TF-Pro test kit when compared to the $15 kit from Home Depot that I was using. However, after getting the kit (today) and using it, I can see how it is so much more precise and verbose compared to other kits. I guess it's like anything, you get what you pay for, and what I'm paying is my wife and grandkids to enjoy the pool all summer.

Lastly, shameless plug for the site (which I am not affiliated with in any way). I just found this site 3 days ago and I decided after the first day to become a supporter of the site. With all of the good and FREE advice on here, even the bronze level is a heck of deal at $30. Surely you would have spent a whole heck of lot more than that to get somebody to come out and take a look at your pool. The site may be free to use but it's not free to run. If you have benefited from this site then help the guys out and become a supporter.

I must admit that I did have a bit of sticker shock when I went to buy the TF-Pro test kit when compared to the $15 kit from Home Depot
The best thing about the kit is it will continue to pay off. No more algae, no more SLAMs, and best of all, safe water for friends and family.

Reactions: rcowan
Your numbers look great! Don't stress yourself out too much about achieving "ideal" ranges. You're well within recommended ranges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.