Wetsuit ok in chlorine pool?

I took my first dip with the wetsuit today. Overall, it’s certainly more comfortable being in the cool (75 today) water vs a bathing suit. I do get a little flushing down the back when put my head down and swim. We’ll see if that is really an issue over time.

This is the suit I got;

I’m finding this suit is good when the water temp approaches the mid 70s, say 72 and up. Below that and I feel like I need something warmer.

Also, the neck could fit better (gaps around my skinny neck :giggle: ). There’s no flap to adjust around the neck like some other suits I’ve seen I’ve seen.

I wear a long sleeve neoprene shirt and shorts for early and late season waterskiing. I hadn't really considered wearing them in the pool to extend the season. Great idea.

I recall the top is either 1.5mm or 1mm. and the shorts are 2mm with 1mm side insets for flexibility. The top doesn't feel restricting to swim in, except around the waist. I didn't think neoprene shrunk... :unsure:

Thanks so much for the follow up. I wondered how this worked out for you. My 3 mil shorty wet suit is still going strong as well.

Chris

I sometimes use a wetsuit to extend the pool season, no issues so far. But to be on the safe side, I am using an older one, that was quite cheap to start with, in the pool.

Don't forget that many horror stories about chlorine damaging swimming gear in general are be based on experiences in public pools that have a high bather load and therefore a high chlorine demand (even though wetsuits are probably not very common in public pools).

Often these pools have no or only little CYA. The concentration of active chlorine (HOCl) in these pools is often a lot higher even though their FC is usually lower than ours using the FC/CYA chart.

I remember a post from Chem Geek where he reported that his wife's swimming suits would get wrecked quickly in public pools, but not in their own pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.