Wet Edge Pool finish discoloration, need advice

Czerod

Jun 22, 2022
Central Florida
Im
Looking for some advice. We had our new pool built the end of January. We have Wet Edge Signature Matrix in Brillant Blue. 2 weeks after install we noticed dark discoloration. The pool builder sent a plaster company out to do a low pH treatment to correct the discoloration. After the 5 day treatment it took a month, plus 2 new filter cartridge, a ton of brushing and vacuuming to get the plaster dust out and now we are left with a light form of discoloration. Pool builder, plaster contractor say it’s fine. My pool maintenance guy says it’s not. Any suggestions. Water chem is in range and has been the entire time. The finish feels slightly different to me as well. No quite as smooth. Upclose pictures of the sun shelf are also included. The darker in us after the low pH treatment. I felt like we lost a lot of plaster. There was a ton of dust. Does any of this seem normal?

Attachments

• F63D4BC0-99FC-4002-B868-B33E2A72EC78.jpeg
    F63D4BC0-99FC-4002-B868-B33E2A72EC78.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 9D21AB6A-840D-4D14-9FDB-AD869B1E623D.jpeg
    9D21AB6A-840D-4D14-9FDB-AD869B1E623D.jpeg
    679.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 7020FDC8-AF0D-4BE9-828A-C410F30840FE.jpeg
    7020FDC8-AF0D-4BE9-828A-C410F30840FE.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 122E122B-B99B-4D7A-BEA0-9019BCCD0CB6.jpeg
    122E122B-B99B-4D7A-BEA0-9019BCCD0CB6.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 108
Your water is crystal clear so hard to see discoloration or is it clouds overhead.
The close up shows the result of the acid wash, which does remove aggregate which makes the surface feel more rough.
I have WetEdge Primera Stone which is actually polished. I do have some discoloration but really not noticeable.
The plaster company is responsible for the warranty so you should push on them If you are not satisfied.

Your water is crystal clear so hard to see discoloration or is it clouds overhead.
The close up shows the result of the acid wash, which does remove aggregate which makes the surface feel more rough.
I have WetEdge Primera Stone which is actually polished. I do have some discoloration but really not noticeable.
The plaster company is responsible for the warranty so you should push on them If you are not satisfied.
Thank you for your advice. Yes, the water is super clear. Those spots are not clouds, that is the discoloration.

It’s hard to decide if it’s worth the fight. It’s definitely better than it use to be but I know it’s not perfect. Is there such thing as perfect pool finish?
If you are not happy, it is worth the discussion with the PB - even if you need to camp out at his office.

You are correct, there is no such thing as a perfect pool. There will most likely be something that did not fit right or got set wrong or even not the perfect color. But at the end of the day, only you really know that. When family and friends visit, they will marvel at the wonderful pool and outdoor space.

The plaster company is under warranty with Wet Edge. You can even call Wet Edge directly and ask that they send a representative to review your issue. The plaster company should be present as well.

I wanted to ask - does it look different at night with lights on vs in daylight? Better, Worst?

Reactions: Allyson H
We had our pool built at end of 2019 ano this discoloration was noted by me rhem (pic attached). At time pool builder said normal and to give it time to settle. Now 2 1/2 years later it has gotten lots worse and Pool company says this formation on floor of wet edge (pebble Tec) saltwater pool is heavy scale buildup and only solution is to acid wash. My chemicals have always been spot on and checked every week. Has anyone
else experienced this and what was your solution

Attachments

• 347F8D45-CE95-46DA-81D5-B3928BC8EA8E.jpeg
    347F8D45-CE95-46DA-81D5-B3928BC8EA8E.jpeg
    747.7 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Allyson H
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.