Well lights in pool deck

I can think of a few reasons not to do that. I placed my walk-way, garden and up-lights in the landscaping strip just outside of the pool deck. I can repair them, replace them, move them, adjust them quite easily. Having a light embedded in concrete won't afford you all that. I suppose low-voltage solves for the shocking hazard, but not better than having them in the landscaping, more than 5' away and not in a walking path.

What are you trying to light? The pool? The surrounding yard? The deck? All better done in other ways, I think.

My landscape lighting is all 3W or more. I wouldn't want less. Even at 3W some of them are a little thin.

Last edited:
Thank you. Would you mind sharing a picture? Honestly, I do not have a fixed end goal in mind. I suppose light up the deck. I saw some of the pictures and lights embedded in concrete decks looks quite cool. In the reviews, people have mentioned about installing them in 2" PVC fittings placed in concrete for easier replacement. However, they cannot be moved once installed.

I've moved mine quite a bit, mostly as landscaping grows or changes. I can't get a good night shot with my phone, but this might give you an idea. I used the best landscaping lighting I could buy, from VOLT. I can add lights, too, something you won't be able to do if your lighting doesn't meet expectations. Notice the variety: lights shining down on deck, up into trees, across bushes and lawns. I have one pointing at my grill! Others lighting up the oak tree behind my house. Very versatile and adjustable and expandable. All low voltage. Easy to install. After five years I've had to do zero maintenance, not even a bulb. I credit VOLT's quality for that. Not cheap, worth every penny. Solid brass. LED.

Plus, I expect the cost of having an electrician and your PB or concrete guy coordinate installation, plus the materials cost, plus their markup, would far exceed my DIY system.

night time 1.jpg

If you were to in bed the lights in the concrete. I would find a why to run a conduit home run to each light. That way you would be able to replace them, other wise it's a once and done. They ran home runs for the pool lights, nice to know I'll be able to change them if need be.

As for color I used daylight LEDs on my deck. Looking back probably should have gone with soft white.
FmgtaDPGTe6%dXAal1CRkw.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.