well here we go.....

4 hours later...my FC is 15.

Not sure what it was after I added bleach the last time because I didn't have an opportunity to test it. I added the bleach and then left the house for a few hours and tested it whenever I got home free chlorine is 15 and now we will test it again in the morning. Unfortunately I can't say that I'm seeing a difference in the way that the pool looks it is all blue now but still very cloudy and I still cannot see the print on the liner in the bottom of the pool. A couple of days ago I was starting to be able to see that and then we had a rain and a setback. Blue pool but I still I'm not seeing any progress on it clearing up by seeing the bottom of the liner.

We shall see what the numbers say in the morning!

I know it's disheartening, but bring it back up and stay on it.
Have you checked everywhere algae can hide and did you get all the debris out ? How has you filter pressure been doing ? ?

Well I feel like I scrubbed it all down pretty good...and I did get all the derbies out.

Filter pressure had stayed low and looking good since we cleaned the filter. It was running about 22 when we took it out to clean it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can see the bottom of the pool again!!! Still a ways to go but finally some visible progress! Running out of my testing drops though...hoping I can get 2 more days but it's taking 30 drops at a time now to test! Lol

I feel for you.
The really good news is how much better things will be when the SLAM is over.
Think how much worse things would have been making a bizillion trips to the pool store and dumping buckets of bucks on the counter as they guide you towards endless magic potions that their testing says will make everything just swell again.

Went to bed last night at 15...woke up at 12. :(

That's a far cry from the beginning when you were dropping from SLAM to near nothing in a couple hours. You're getting close and as said it's the last bit that's the hardest. You likely are close to having it all killed but now it's a matter of the filter catching up with all the dead stuff floating around.

Keep the FC up at SLAM and the pump running and you'll be done soon, patience and perseverance is the key. :lovetfp:

So just for documentation purposes I will tell you what I did yesterday. I had to leave at 5 AM yesterday morning to go to the hospital over an hour away from my house because my dad was having surgery. We were there all day and all night. I also was running out of testing supplies to test my chlorine with...but I knew about on average how much I have been using the couple days prior. So I stocked up on the bleach and poured in what I poured in the night before +1 gallon the night before we left for the hospital. I woke up in the morning unable to test for chlorine loss but I put in twice the amount of bleach that I did the morning before knowing I wouldn't be home to test and add through out the day. This morning I woke to a very nice surprise! Keep in mind I had no way to test the free chlorine loss overnight and I had overshot it pretty heavily because of that and because I had been away for so long. I overshot it because I wanted to make sure that I was above brain and that I have plenty of time to get home and add more bleach without it too far below that. It seems to of been a success based on the visual. However I realize I am not done until I can properly test but visual progress is progress nonetheless and my pool looks great again! The before and after speaks for itself. I feel like if I had to do it all over again I could probably do it more efficiently and save money and not use as much the next time around. It was definitely a learning process That has tried my patience and broken my pocketbook! :)

Thanks again to everybody on the form for helping me out and keeping me motivated and focused. I love this form.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.