LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Let the party begin!!!!!! Now onto 200,000 :)

Welcome lange210!!!!!!!!!!

I posted that just over 3 years ago, and today we hit this goal. Today TFP welcomes our 200,000 member. It’s amazing just how awesome this site has become.

I thank each of you for all that you’ve done to make TFP what it is today!!

Leebo
Very cool. I might add though that we need to thank you for all of the hard work that you do for all of us. Thanks...
r..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: frogabog
Hey TFP - many congratulations on 200,000 from over here in the UK! Well deserved, and I'm surprised it's not more.
We bought a house with a pool (first pool) 5 years ago and wasted LOADS of money on ridiculous chemical concoctions before discovering TFP about 2 years in. Now we follow your method and have an always sparkiling pool for a tiny fraction of the cost.
Great job all involved, and thank you so much!

200,000 members and how many millions of unique visitors over the years...

Great for everyone and it was under 190k when I joined back in March. More than 10k more members in 4 months. TFP is such a great resource and I think I sometimes annoy people I know with pools because I bring up TFP every time the topic of pools comes up.

Also, some of the other forums I read for other topics (like running) have members who treat each other like garbage. The members on this site are very professional and courteous, even when there are disagreements on topics.

I have also always wondered the history of TFP. Who were the founders and when? Threads go back to 2007 but it appears it was a pool community at least a couple years prior to that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There's a good bit of the history in the forum threads, but to sum it up;
"TFP was founded by SeanB, along with a group of people from PoolForum.com, in 2007 after PoolForum.com had an extended period when they were unable to accept new members." Then after a few years Dave S. took it over from SeanB and it's still going strong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.