weird questoin about holes where the hoses go

Mar 23, 2018
burleson texas
our pool is the 14x14 square intex pool. It came with the tiny 1.25 hoses and a terrible little filter pump that did not work. The pool has three holes for hoses two in and one out. I just bought a sand filter it takes bigger hoses 1.5 so I have seen others just cut the holes bigger to adjust, planning on doing that but my new pump only has two hoses what should i do with the third hole in the pool is there some type of plug or something to close it off,. Does any of this even make sense with no pictures

Pumps will always have just two hoses - one for suction and the other to push water back to return(s). Some folks might plug an unwanted hole, while others will split the return water with a "T" fitting so they have TWO return jets for better circulation. Or instead of an eyeball return, add an adapter fitting in that hole that allows you to extend some PVC upwards into a simple fountain. Helps with aeration and cooling-off the summer water a bit. So some searching here and you'll see some examples.

The Intex pools have two /dual suction lines to prevent entrapment since both are under water. If you simply use a bigger pump & hoses, then you will want to still use both of the inlet holes/connections. That is very important. The only way around this is to upgrade to a through wall skimmer. If you install a through wall skimmer, then you can plug the other holes or use some or all as returns.

First place to look would be your local hardware store. The shelves are usually stocked with all kinds of choices. If you need something with a special fitting local stores don't have, most are also available via Amazon or any number of on-line pool supply stores. If you do some searching on the site (key words AGP hard plumbing, or AGP fittings, etc) you should see a number of threads where others got creative and posted their parts and tips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.