Weir, Oh Weir has my Skimmer Door Gone?

kj5kb

Aug 8, 2010
SW of Kansas City
OK, a FEW of you will get that title...

Helping neighbor with 24'x4' round vinyl AGP, Pentair pump and Sand filter. He had it clear after opening but it was back to a lovely green last Sunday. I offered to help maintain it for him this summer, figuring we could do it cheaper and better than him getting pool stored every time.

So this is really not about me fixing the chemistry...that will be another post if needed. We are well on the way after only 2 days. Green gone to blue and less cloudy without fancy chemicals.

Skimmer is a Hayward, standard size not a wide mouth like I had on my previous 18'. WHY would you not put a wide mouth on a 24' pool??? He just had liner replaced last year, had I known he had the small one I'd have done the skimmer for him. OK...rant over !

So...I'm seeing he's not skimming well, and realize there is no weir/door on the skimmer...said it never had one. Any reason why you would NOT want one?

I can certainly get him a replacement at the local pool store or online!

Glad to provide a laugh. I think I know the answer but seeing if there is some odd reason you'd leave the door off.

When I inherited my pool with my home purchase a few months ago, I noticed that one of my skimmers didn't have a weir. It doesn't seem to do as good of a job keeping leaves and debris inside as the other skimmer with the weir, so I bought a replacement weir on Amazon the other day. Hopefully that will fix things.

Oh where, Oh where, has my little dog gone?
Oh where, oh where, can he be?
With his ears cut short and his tail cut long

Written in 1864 (and no, I am not that old! ��)

Used by Polly in Underdog.

Jeez, I just had to go to You Tube to find an Underdog cartoon. I really used to watch that???? Of course, there wasn't much on tv back in 1964.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey, I am not over 50...and I got it. I used to run home from Kindergarten to watch Underdog (reruns?)

Anyway, I take my Weir out if my water level is a bit too low, and when I vacuum. Perhaps the previous owner did that and damaged their Weir?

Oh where, Oh where, has my little dog gone?
With his ears cut short and his tail cut long

Written in 1864 (and no, I am not that old! ��)

Used by Polly in Underdog.

Jeez, I just had to go to You Tube to find an Underdog cartoon. I really used to watch that???? Of course, there wasn't much on tv back in 1964.
Well, there's that, and also the HeeHaw version...[emoji23]

George Jones Tammy Wynette Archie Campbell*****Where Oh Where Trio II - YouTube

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.