Weighing down pool steps

Jun 14, 2015
Wheatfield, IN
I am wondering if anybody has found a good product to add weight to my steps. I have been using the anchor sand bags but I'm getting tired of spending $20 for a plastic bag that only lasts one season before the corners tear open. Surely there has to be a better made product or option

I am wondering if anybody has found a good product to add weight to my steps. I have been using the anchor sand bags but I'm getting tired of spending $20 for a plastic bag that only lasts one season before the corners tear open. Surely there has to be a better made product or option
Try the search. I know people have come up with some good ideas. Google search results

There is every DIY hack imaginable in the threads Richard directed you to. My neighbors wedding cake stairs have a big hole on the backside so she uses cinder blocks or whatever bricks are laying around at opening time. You can even mix and match. 2 pavers, a stepping stone and a cinderblock.

I have wedding cake steps that have no bottom so i filled 4 bleach jugs with sand & tied them on with a poly rope through holes in the back so they hang inside . I will eventually put concrete in them. It allows them to still move so that i can position them then secure them to the deck for added stability FB77C1EE-76E8-4002-A867-89B8C581958A.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.