We had a terrible storm roll through North Atlanta yesterday

WWells

Jun 3, 2013
Dunwoody, GA
It felt like we were in a CAT1 storm, pool was overflowing as we got 3" maybe more rain in an hour or so, everyone is fine other than some soggy basements and downed trees in the neighborhood. Pool was obviously filthy so I checked chlorine asap and from color test looked fine, ran a full test just a bit ago. Wanted to bounce this off the pros here for any suggestions, not sure anything is needed other than time to clear

FC 4.5
TC 5
TA 70
CYA 50 although I struggle with this, likely higher I have really good eyesight
CH 400
Salt 3200

I have never had this happen before, I am not worried about algae and believe this will clear up quickly as I run filter and pool cleaner, this storm blew every loose piece of grass, dirt, etc in the pool, water may have flowed in from yard as well. Pics of typical pool in profile and this morning attached albeit sun not on pool.

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpeg
    IMG_0560.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 25
It could clear up on its own. But if you have some additional liquid chlorine or regular bleach around, it may not be a bad idea to give it a little FC boost. Increasing the FC by 4-5 ppm could be beneficial just in case your water is struggling with excessive organics from the storm. If it doesn't get better by tomorrow or gets worse, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Yeah, was a bit of a "do" here in Augusta area also. Next door neighbor had a tree come down and get this- it landed in his driveway absolutely lengthtwise between the three cars parked in the double drive and missed all the cars, except for the pine debris.

Maddie

• Wow
Reactions: WWells
It could clear up on its own. But if you have some additional liquid chlorine or regular bleach around, it may not be a bad idea to give it a little FC boost. Increasing the FC by 4-5 ppm could be beneficial just in case your water is struggling with excessive organics from the storm. If it doesn't get better by tomorrow or gets worse, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Great idea, will do - thank you

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.