Waterline tile suggestions with Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen? LED lights worth it?

Welcome to TFP!!! :wave: Wow - gunite next week! It really begins to look like a pool once the gunite is in. When you can, post some pictures of the pool area and diagrams of the design. When you say standard white lights, do you mean LED white lights or the old pre-LED lights? You definitely want LED, and as for color lights, that's up to each pool owner. I would say if you have kids, definitely get the color lights. There are no kids at our house, but we went for the color lights anyway - I guess for the kids within us. So far I can't say we've used them a lot, but I've enjoyed them when we do. I would miss them if I hadn't put them in, and would definitely put them in again.

I agree with Kim. I think it would be very difficult to try to match the tile with the pool finish. And even if you can manage a match now, by the time you're ready for the plaster, you very well could change your mind - and the tile would already in installed. Some people seem to have managed, but I think a lot of luck went into the success. Glass tile is gorgeous, but it can be expensive. Kim's link is a great one for NPT glass tile; they have a good selection. NPT is not as expensive as some of the online sellers of glass pool tile. But I think many of theirs is just a beautiful. Several pools posted on TFP and built in the last couple of years have used NPT glass tile with great results. If it strikes your fancy, but the cost is too scary, then use it as accents. There are lots of ways to do that. If interested, many of us can give you options. I had my mind set on blue ceramic waterline tile, but the designer of our pool really discouraged it. Since we used travertine for the coping, I chose a beige tile for the waterline. I'm so glad I did - I love it. I don't know how that would work with your whiteish concrete (which sounds awesome, BTW). If you haven't already, get busy on Pinterest, etc and on TFP looking at the gallery. It helped me to see pictures of what I thought I would like. And if you have any pictures of what the coping will look like, be sure to add those. It will help us help you!

Keep the updates (and pictures) coming!!!
Take care,
Suz
I really want to do natural beige tile but my husband says it’s boring. I say it’s classic. Can you send a pic

Here are some photos of the arctic ice 1x1. Note that they are installed over pale grey thinset and have pale grey grout (as opposed to white).

The overall effect gives a silvery sheen. Also, the tiles seem to take on the colors that surround them so they blend well with the water color whether it appears bright blue or greenish teal as it does at different times of day. At night, they reflect the moonlight and the step markers are quite bright (like lights).

If you want more color contrast, arctic lagoon would be a good choice. I wanted the tiles to blend in and am happy with the effect of the ice tiles.
Beautiful. What is the interior finish / color? Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.