Waterfall boulder structural design

We all make mistakes. Lol. How about if you replace it with one of the boulders from the mulch? I wonder if someone with a machine can do it for you at minimal cost. I don’t see it taking long.
I’m in the process of planning my waterfall. Here are the rocks I was considering. Do you see any problems with these rocks?
You have a beautiful pool. Ver nice.

Attachments

• 2F346F84-5489-4329-BA35-3151466E9EEF.jpeg
    2F346F84-5489-4329-BA35-3151466E9EEF.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 15
  • A0AB6245-7CA9-4A1E-AF65-E5D57F29D417.jpeg
    A0AB6245-7CA9-4A1E-AF65-E5D57F29D417.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1B1FC85F-7E88-4D25-A029-202C181837F0.jpeg
    1B1FC85F-7E88-4D25-A029-202C181837F0.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 14
Please do. I would be very interested to see if they plaster first. My suspicion is that they will set the rocks on the gunnite after sealing the gunnite with a water proof coating then plaster up to the face of rock.

Could you also ask what the life expectancy of whatever they use to waterproof under the rocks is.

Thanks, Rich..

I asked the construction manager today, and he said they do seal the gunite with some concrete sealer. They apply it to the waterfall ledge, as well as anywhere the boulder coping will be placed. He couldn't remember the exact product, but I can check and let you know when we get to that stage.

I didn't ask about longevity :( as I forgot in the commotion of the gunite prep (they're spraying right now). The construction manager is gone now, but I will be sure to ask about the lifespan of the sealer next time I see him.

How about if you replace it with one of the boulders from the mulch? I wonder if someone with a machine can do it for you at minimal cost. I don’t see it taking long
That would actually be a monumental project. Everything is now finished all around the pool. The wife and myself set all of these boulders so we know exactly what it would entail 😬.

Do you see any problems with these rocks?
A few do look like they have a little orange in them. Perhaps @MinerJason could give you some more insight on if they will actually stain the pool. Do you know what they are made of?
You have a beautiful pool. Ver nice
Thank you, The wife and I are very happy with the way it came out. We did most of the work ourselves.

Rich, why don’t your seal that boulder? Maybe it will prevent it from leaching.
I figure if I seal it it will simply seal in all the issues and then when the sealer gives way the issues will be back, so I would be continually sealing it. I'm hoping it will just slowly stop bleeding. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. besides with my luck I'd spill the entire container of sealer in the pool and have a Valdez clean up to handle.. 🤣

That would actually be a monumental project. Everything is now finished all around the pool. The wife and myself set all of these boulders so we know exactly what it would entail 😬.

A few do look like they have a little orange in them. Perhaps @MinerJason could give you some more insight on if they will actually stain the pool. Do you know what they are made of?

Thank you, The wife and I are very happy with the way it came out. We did most of the work ourselves.

I figure if I seal it it will simply seal in all the issues and then when the sealer gives way the issues will be back, so I would be continually sealing it. I'm hoping it will just slowly stop bleeding. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. besides with my luck I'd spill the entire container of sealer in the pool and have a Valdez clean up to handle.. 🤣
Thank for your response.
I was thinking that it’s leaching because of the rain. If you seal it the rain will just bead off. Never actually soaking the rock. Just a thought. It might be worth a try.

Please do. I would be very interested to see if they plaster first. My suspicion is that they will set the rocks on the gunnite after sealing the gunnite with a water proof coating then plaster up to the face of rock.

Could you also ask what the life expectancy of whatever they use to waterproof under the rocks is.

Thanks, Rich..

Here is what they are using. The can states "10 year warranty", but who knows if that's any indication on the longevity.

1596731667893.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.