Water splashing out of skimmer

Bosley

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2018
Edmonton, alberta
Anyone know of a way to keep water from splashing out of the skimmer? Lots splashes out from where the lid seats to the skimmer as well through the vents in the lid itself. We were considering sealing the vents with caulk and possibly finding a large o-ring for the lid.

Guess I should have clarified. its from playing around in the pool.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. horse play. I see.
that would be great if you could find an o-ring to fit. That should help.

But if you caulked the holes in the cover, then you couldn't get your fingers in there to lift the cover when you wanted to. Perhaps something less permanent? duct tape? a million and one uses.
now, a million and 2.

Yep...Wier door is there. I bet i lose at least 5 gallons a day out of the top of the skimmer. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things but it adds up to a lot of water saturating the ground in 1 spot. Perhaps putting in a drain in that area my be the best route.

I once used plastic wrap and covered the top of the skimmer like I would a pan headed to the fridge as a test for a way to keep water, snow melt, etc from entering the skimmer. Worked fairly well so maybe it might work for the reverse?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have jammed a chunk of a pool noodle in that hole when the water level is high and lots of people are splashing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.