Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Has anyone added a water softener outside by your equipment just for your pool! We have one but it would be very difficult to get the lines run to the pool equipment. Our CH crept up pretty quickly and I don’t like worrying about it getting out of control.

What I did one year was just splice into my soft water outlet in the garage and install a T-fitting that feeds outside the rear of my garage. If I ever need soft water for the pool (or to wash my car), I connect a hose. I believe @JoyfulNoise did such an install as well.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
We ran a line from my water softener outside to a shutoff valve and backflow preventer and then tee’d it. We sent one line to the auto fill and the other line to a spigot by my garage for car washing. We don’t use the car wash line as much (since water is expensive and monthly car wash tags are not) but it’s nice to have.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Following others, I installed a portable RV softener.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.