Water quality

ciaka

Jun 10, 2020
Austin, TX
When I look at my wayer during day time, it looks super clean. Does not appear cloudy. Super clear.
When I look at my water at night with lights on, under certain angles. I can see water is cloudy.
I mean I see perfectly clear water, the bottom of pool, no issues. But if I look at the water near the light sources under water, I can see cloudiness as if suspended in water.

Is there something g wrong with my water quality?
If so, what should I do?
Test it once a week, clean about 1 or 2x a week.
My test results are almost always
Fc: 7 - 10
Cc: 0.0
pH 7.6
TA: 100
CH: 400 - 500 lately the later
Cya: 60 usually shoot for 70, it's still early in my season.

Thank you for your wisdom.

Is there something g wrong with my water quality?
I doubt it. Your numbers look fine. Pool lights have a way of highlighting lots of suspended particulates in the water we normally don't see.

You guys have pollen falling yet ? One breezy day will set you back days worth of filtering. Even running 24/7 I'd get hazy for a couple of weeks each spring, like you said, crystal clear but hazy with the light.

Keep an extra eye on the FC to ensure it stays at or above target range. If at any time you suspect abnormal FC loss, Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and prove nothing is brewing. Then take a sigh of relief and be patient. :)

What's your pump schedule ?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.