Water not shooting out of air relief valve

Hi and help!!!!

1. I just cleaned my salt cell and filters. Everything is properly seated in the filter.
2. My vacuum and overhead water jets are working and vacuum is running the pool fine.
3. My pump almost primes but not quite to the top.
4. I see my skimmer basket from the pool being sucked down tight.
5. My overflow from the spa is flowing well.
6. My pump basket is clean and I greased the o-ring.

Here is my problem. I turn on my system. I hear the pressure building. At first, the water shot out of my 9 month old new air valve assembly but after a few minutes, it started dribbling water and doesn't give me that loud air sound if I open everything up and reseat it all and start over. I hear the pressure building but not as loud.
I just get water dripping out, not that hard spray that I Ave to cup my hand over.
When I turn it off, my gauge goes back to zero and my pressure is at 20psi when on.

I even took off my pump lid and backwashed through the pool side.

What could be wrong?

I have a Hayward c4025 de filter system.

Thank you

Hello! :wave: Kind of sounds as though your filter gauge relief valve may be plugged up inside. Have you taken it apart lately and checked? They can develop some gunk overtime. And I have to ask a silly question .... but you mention having the Hayward C4025 de filter? Is that correct? When I see C4025 I think 6-cartridge filter, not DE, so I wanted to ask. Let us know how things turn out.

Hi,

Yes, it's 4 cartridge filters. It may be clogged since it was working fine and my filters were filthy from 4 full grown palm trees around the pool that we had clipped this year. We have pressure, the gauge reads and everything is running fine. Can it just have something stuck in the valve?

Can it just have something stuck in the valve?
It's possible something may have just worked its way up into the top portion of the filter around the manifold or gauge. You won't know until you actually open it up and take a look.

Busy,

Have you ever seem threads here on putting hair nets into your skimmer baskets? This will prevent any large debris from getting into your filtering system. Since I have a robot, I never vacuum so nothing going to pump basket and probably into filtering system...good luck w your relief valve...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.