Water level dropping in winterized pool

Jun 6, 2015
Waukesha
I am in Southern Wisconsin. We had some big snow storms in december but lately having unexpectedly mild weather. I have a 21 foot dia above ground pool. Winterized the pool in October with a new pool cover. Left the skimmer and inlet ports open. I have been observing my pool every now and then to see if the pool cover is doing ok and it is at the same level as it was when i closed the pool (i.e. the level after draining the pool).

When i looked at my pool today, i was surprised to see that the water level has gone down considerably and it is putting strain on the cover. See attached pictures.
I did read some forum posts on TFP that this can be a normal thing as the snow can displace water which can come out of skimmer and inlet port openings.

But my concern is if this can cause any damage to the liner and the pool wall. If yes, how can i avoid it?

Regards,
Sanjeev

Attachments

• pool level 1.jpg
    pool level 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 58
  • pool level 2.jpg
    pool level 2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 58
I would ASAP disconnect cable or whatever is holding the cover around pool,sounds to me like the weight on the cover is pulling down into the middle of pool and the stress is taking on by the side walls, all in fact to a water leak in liner, but just a guess. I still would let the cover just fall into pool loose.
Not due to leak problems, but this is a example of why I quit with pool covers, constantly removing snow after it falls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.