Water Leaking at Return Jet

May 18, 2018
Clarion/PA
So I noticed this year when opening the pool I was losing water around my return jet. I also notices that the rubber gaskets were worn so easy fix I'll just replace them. When I pulled the fittings out to replace them I noticed that around the return jet the liner is torn and in a spot missing completely. So this makes me think that the return fittings aren't leaking, but water is getting behind my liner and causing my outer shell to rust.

I thought about putting a piece of flex seal tape on the areas where the liner is missing and reinstalling the return fittings. Any other ideas?

AG return fittings have two rubber gaskets and a cork one, the rubber ones go are fitted so they snug up against the liner and the outside wall. The cork one goes on last on the outside wall. The cork is so it can be tightened to form a good seal with the rubber ones squeezing the liner and outside of the wall together. It’s amazing how many are done wrong, resulting in that tell tale rust line under the return.

I would suggest you patch the liner and then redo the gasket. You can get a repair kit that contains enough clear vinyl to allow you to get the seal tight. You will likely never notice the patch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.