Water Leak on Retaining Wall

SkiBikeGolf

Aug 18, 2020
Leander, TX
My brother-in-law has this water leak / staining with his pool. This is a new build has had water for about a month. He was told this is normal. I don't think this is Ok, but I am not an expert. The water stain / marks are opposite a jet to the pool. Here are my questions:

Dan Water Stain Retaining Wall.jpeg

I don't see your questions but I can say with certainty that that water is coming from behind that wall which means it is....
1. Groundwater that has found the path of least resistance to stop going downward and migrate horizontally through that retaining wall or,
2. You have a leak in your plumbing (assuming the pool plumbing is behind that wall.)

I am assuming the wall in question is a retaining wall and not the pool wall itself.....I can't tell.

Do the bucket test. Post back if you don't know how and we'll explain it and it will confirm pretty accurately if you have a plumbing leak. Once you can confirm (or eliminate) the plumbing leak, we can decide the best way to fix it.

I wouldn't consider any leaky wall normal. Clarify if the wall also serves the purpose of the interior pool surface as well. It is not clear in your pic if the wall is a part of the pool or is separate from the pool.

So, basically, you have a pool leak. If the plumbing is cracked inside the wall, I can see no other way than to drain the pool down to below the point of the leak and repair it.

If the structure is cracked and you can find it, I think there are some underwater repair materials that can be used but I am not familiar with them.

Not an expert but from what pool builders have told me I'm with RoyR. I have an exposed wall too. I water proofed it before plaster as I was told they see this probably often. Water makes it's way through the plaster. People never notice it as their pools are in the ground. Don't know how true that is but I have seen a few exposed walls seeping as yours is. So If you have no plumbing or cracks in that location, maybe this is possible? I saw this problem posted on the forum before with a new pool, don't recall a solution every being posted. Would really like to hear from a builder who has experience with exposed walls to weigh in on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.