AH683

Jul 2, 2022
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I apologize if this is posted elsewhere and I missed it.

I just pulled my floating luxuries loungers out for the season and there is pale green water and green particles exiting drain holes which I assume is algae. I assume this has happened to other people as well. Does it just die over winter or do you guys fill chair with a bleach/water solution to kill it?

Thanks!

Anything similar with poor circulation almost begs for nasty stagnant water. I'd drain what I could and fill it with a 10:1 bleach solution, swish it real good, let it sit for a few hours, then empty it to dry well before storing it.

Next year remember to check them periodically as it doesn't matter how the algae got introduced to your pool, only *that* it was introduced. You'd much rather have to clean the chairs mid season than deal with a swamp. :)

Fortunately it’s barely noticeable
Algae grows exponentially. A few growth cycles is the difference between clear water with some algae, and a full blown swamp.

Now that you know the chairs are subject to poor circulation issues, you won't be caught off guard. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.