Water going some where

Fun4Life67

Silver Supporter
May 15, 2020
Mount Pleasant NC
I bought my pool last May. I opened for the first time in March. It has been running fine. I noticed yesterday the water was low, close to the bottom of the skimmer basket. I put about 4 inches of water in it. This evening when I went to go look at the pool the water level was right back down to the bottom of the skimmer basket. That was about 7:30 pm i noticed that. I looked in the pool to see if i could see any holes in the liner and i didnt see anything. I removed the steps and looked behind them. I looked around the pool to see if there was any puddles of water or wet spots. I do have rubber mulch around the pool but i pulled it away to look underneath. i really didnt see anything. im putting more water in it and will look in the morning. What should i do?

Typically where the waterline stops falling is where we expect to find a leak. Seeing as the water level seems to stop at the skimmer, that would be a suspect area, but for an AGP I would think you would see a leak around the skimmer easily. So that would leave the waterline around the pool at that level. As for the filter, some develop a leak to waste because of a bad spider gasket. But if you can see the waste run-off area, that should be damp.

I think i figured out what happened. :D when i went to turn off the hose i noticed it was very wet there so i thought aha i found the water. why would it be over here? :unsure: I unhooked the hose from the spigot the same as i did the night before and held it for a few minutes while looking at the ground and noticed the water had not stopped coming out of the hose. I left the other end of the hose in the pool the same as i had done yesterday evening. Im thinking that hose syphoned the water out of my pool all night and day. Im laughing about it now and i hope thats all it was. But I was scared! :LOL:

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
You are not nearly the first and will not be the last. I did similar and was grateful to realize it before loosing half the pool. Mine was coming out the 2 inch waste pipe. I drained some on purpose and then shut the equipment off and walked away. Gravity kept it going without the pump because the waste outlet was 3 ft lower than the pool. I happened to walk through the backyard a half hour later and realized I was down a foot ( ?......It was a while ago).

So, please accept my welcome into the club. We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Not to be confused with the *2nd* Tuesday of each month when we have the Dudes Against @mguzzy meeting, or D.A.M. for short.

Ah ha!! So next time my daughter says “I’ll do it later“ when I tell her not to leave the hose in the pool, I’m showing her this thread.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, please accept my welcome into the club. We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Not to be confused with the *2nd* Tuesday of each month when we have the Dudes Against @mguzzy meeting, or D.A.M. for short.
@Newdude.. just love to stir the pot don't you ;)... Our M.A.D. meeting (Mguzzy's Annoyed at Dudes) is the same night. Our meetings are better, we discuss the social impact of siphons and serve Oreo's and Beer.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.