Water going some where

Fun4Life67

Silver Supporter
May 15, 2020
Mount Pleasant NC
I bought my pool last May. I opened for the first time in March. It has been running fine. I noticed yesterday the water was low, close to the bottom of the skimmer basket. I put about 4 inches of water in it. This evening when I went to go look at the pool the water level was right back down to the bottom of the skimmer basket. That was about 7:30 pm i noticed that. I looked in the pool to see if i could see any holes in the liner and i didnt see anything. I removed the steps and looked behind them. I looked around the pool to see if there was any puddles of water or wet spots. I do have rubber mulch around the pool but i pulled it away to look underneath. i really didnt see anything. im putting more water in it and will look in the morning. What should i do?

Fun4Life67

Silver Supporter
May 15, 2020
Mount Pleasant NC
I looked i didnt see any water. I am on a pretty good slope so it would all go down hill. I did notice it was damp around the filter but not that much. It is set to filter not waste.

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Typically where the waterline stops falling is where we expect to find a leak. Seeing as the water level seems to stop at the skimmer, that would be a suspect area, but for an AGP I would think you would see a leak around the skimmer easily. So that would leave the waterline around the pool at that level. As for the filter, some develop a leak to waste because of a bad spider gasket. But if you can see the waste run-off area, that should be damp.

Fun4Life67

Silver Supporter
May 15, 2020
Mount Pleasant NC
Where does all the water go? 4 inches of water in 24 hours? Im going to look more tomorrow. Should i stop putting water in it to see how low it goes? Could it be under the pool? The sun was going down so i didnt have much sunlight.

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Sure seems like a lot of water. Underneath? ... it could be. You may end-up having to pull-back the base material around the perimeter of the pool to inspect better in daylight tomorrow.

Fun4Life67

Silver Supporter
May 15, 2020
Mount Pleasant NC
I think i figured out what happened. :D when i went to turn off the hose i noticed it was very wet there so i thought aha i found the water. why would it be over here? :unsure: I unhooked the hose from the spigot the same as i did the night before and held it for a few minutes while looking at the ground and noticed the water had not stopped coming out of the hose. I left the other end of the hose in the pool the same as i had done yesterday evening. Im thinking that hose syphoned the water out of my pool all night and day. Im laughing about it now and i hope thats all it was. But I was scared! :LOL:

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
You are not nearly the first and will not be the last. I did similar and was grateful to realize it before loosing half the pool. Mine was coming out the 2 inch waste pipe. I drained some on purpose and then shut the equipment off and walked away. Gravity kept it going without the pump because the waste outlet was 3 ft lower than the pool. I happened to walk through the backyard a half hour later and realized I was down a foot ( ?......It was a while ago).

So, please accept my welcome into the club. We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Not to be confused with the *2nd* Tuesday of each month when we have the Dudes Against @mguzzy meeting, or D.A.M. for short.

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Ah ha!! So next time my daughter says “I’ll do it later“ when I tell her not to leave the hose in the pool, I’m showing her this thread.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
So, please accept my welcome into the club. We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Not to be confused with the *2nd* Tuesday of each month when we have the Dudes Against @mguzzy meeting, or D.A.M. for short.
@Newdude.. just love to stir the pot don't you ;)... Our M.A.D. meeting (Mguzzy's Annoyed at Dudes) is the same night. Our meetings are better, we discuss the social impact of siphons and serve Oreo's and Beer.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.