az240z

May 1, 2016
Glendale, Az
In one of my previous posts the wasp problem came up and how to stop them from coming to the pool. I brought this up with the pool store guy that I get my HASA chlorine from and he recommend an all purpose algaecide from All-Clear. He said one of the ingredients, dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, affects the wasp and their mouth. It constricts their throat and they drown. Well it worked on some small, baby ones but the bigger ones just flew as normal. However as the day went on we saw fewer and fewer landing in the pool. They would fly in, buzz around and then leave. As the week went along we went from 8 or 10 at any given time down to 2 or 3. And towards the end of the week the count increased. I added a maintenance dose today and saw 3 drown in 15 minutes and the bigger ones buzz the pool but not land.

Thought some of you might want to try it.

Since my last post I can report that the wasps have disappeared. I don't know if they died, or are going to another pool, or if the 115+ temps for the last week did them in, or if the algaecide did it. But their gone, didn't have any yesterday..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.