Warning about pets and having a pool

Safety warning about pools and solar covers make sure to keep an eye on your dog around the pool. Was having security system worked on and let the dogs out back, this is we’re they go out normally. The attached picture is what I came out too. He is fine drug the cover to the side and grabbed him by the nap of the neck.
Not trying to scare anyone just advising to keep an eye out.

Attachments

• 875AD10E-10C1-4777-A9EF-59BF98269526.jpeg
    875AD10E-10C1-4777-A9EF-59BF98269526.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Saw a dog on my security camera one night thrashing around on my cover. Don't know who owned the dog of how it got through my fence, but he did get himself out. Beat the cover up with his claws.

Thank goodness you were able to get him out! My rescue group lost a couple of dogs over the years due to drowning - it is absolutely heartbreaking. We preach supervising dogs in backyard like they are human toddlers.

Reactions: BTJR
Our friends' dog went missing. After a while (can't remember how long exactly, but it was quite while, pool off-season) he was found in their neighbours' pool under the cover.

• Sad
Reactions: kellyfair
Thank you for posting this !! When my bloodhound did the same my phone got thrown in a ‘OH SNAP !!!’ Moment as I jumped in to drag him and the 900 gallon cocoon he was trapped in to the side. Being a large guy he was completely under except for his head. (Luckily).

Animals simply cannot understand it is *NOT* a shortcut. Squirrels will float across the top but any Racoons or dogs will sink right in. Or worse, a toddler.

No kids or animals can be allowed by the pool of its covered with a tarp for the winter or a solar cover for the summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.