Wardsntx Pool build

Well,

It's been an exciting week. We left last Saturday for a vacation with a dug pool. When we arrived on Thursday, gunite was done. Saturday they showed up to start shaping the waterfall. We were a little dissapointed that the size of the waterfall wouldn't allow for a crawl through cave as origionally thought. The guys from Modern Method Gunite were GREAT and are fun to watch build that waterfall and slide. Here are some pics from the start to now....

Excavation Complete

<a>
82.jpg
</a>

Gunite Done

<a>
83.jpg
</a>

<a>
84.jpg
</a>

<a>
85.jpg
</a>

Construction on Waterfall

<a>
102_1039.jpg
</a>

<a>
86.jpg
</a>

Taking Shape

<a>
102_1041.jpg
</a>

<a>
87.jpg
</a>

<a>
88.jpg
</a>

<a>
89.jpg
</a>

<a>
90.jpg
</a>

Hopefully they will gunite the waterfall this week. A few littel snags so far, but all have been responded to and so far things are going pretty good. Post more later.

Just wanted to say, we used sunset and had a good experience with them. They had our pool completed in 6 weeks and they started Feb. 1st.. Our accross the street neighbor is also using them and they have had a heck of a time with all this rain. It has been one delay after another. They really start with a bang but don't be suprised if things start to slow down just a tad. We had that happen to us too and I remember at one point looking at this gunite pool with pipes everywhere thinking "what in the world are they doing. I will never have a nice pool" but I was wrong!!! How very exciting! The layout looks awsome! Before you know it, you will be swimming!

Thanks Andrea,

we have already had a few glitches and unexpected changes, but all and all, they have been pretty responsive to my requests.

Do you have any pics of your finished product? I like looking at other people's designs, especially from the same builder!

Edit - Moved by Divnkd101 07/24/07 to "Pool and Spa Build and Repair".

Thanks Buggsw

I wasn't completelty sold on the artificial rock, but my wife and kids really really wanted it...so I had to think who this pool is really for :-D . The waterfall/slide is actually shaping up better than I thought, I actually really like it. I can't wait to see the finished product. Those guys are pretty fun to watch work.

Anyway, plumbing and equipment were installed on Wed. . No work yesterday or today (rain) maybe they'll be out tomorrow.

Jay, you mentioned before that the Modern Method Gunite guys were great, I concur, and they are also the company that did the pebble tec (pebble sheen in your case) and I have to re-iterate how good of a crew they are. I watched them probably 75% of the time and they just seem like they know what's going on and what to do every second. Very nice also and wanted to know how they were doing and if there was anything they could do to make me happier.

Hope you continue to have GOOD LUCK and better weather!

Dave

That slide/waterfall is pretty cool. Did it take more than one truck to shotcrete that? It looks hollow underneath, corret?

What will they cover the slide with? I talked to a few about a gunite slide and one PB suggested tile while another suggested some special slick paint.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys...

Actually, the waterfall and slide have only been shot once...like a scratch coat. Next they will shoot it again and really create the boulder shapes. Yes it does have a small ledge cave that you can sit drinks or other items on. It is big enough for my kids to get in and sit, but the plumbing and frame work prevented us from having a complete crawl through cave. I was hoping it would be a little bit bigger of a cave, but the kids like it how it is now, so that's all that counts.

As far as the slide, we are not going with tile, it will be finished of with a type of varish after everything is painted. I am not sure of the exact product, but I am being told it will be slick and smooth! I too have heard the tile is a smooth finish, but it just seemed like a maintenance headache. Maybe I am wrong, but I just visulized little tiles popping off and having to replace them. My wife and I both wanted the natural look, so the painted gunite seemed to be the way to go.

We had pretty good weather yesterday, but no work. Hopefully back out tomorrow to get things rolling again. We were hoping to have a week or so of swimming before the kids started back to school, but the weather has probably shot that tie frame. That's ok though, it's Houston....we can swim up through November!!!!!!

tagprod said:
wardsntx said:
No work today...I was told that we will be getting our Flagstone, Ledgestone and tile this week. Slowly getting there.

That must really suck - especially with Dave bragging about his completion today... :-D Hang in there.

What are you doing Brian, trying to start a fight? :lol:

Hang in there Jay, I had many (non raining) days where I was like "why are they not here?"

Easy for you to say Mr. " I've got water you don't" :lol: . Just kidding.

I am trying to be patient...but defintely like being in complete control, so the waisted days are hard for me. Deep Breath

Hopefully they will finish in the next 3 weeks...at this rate, it will be more like 6 more weeks. I have faith though. Kids are chomping at the bit to go down that slide. I have to say, My wife and I are looking forward to the slide too!

Well after a week of no work, the place was crawling with subs today. gunite guys were here stamping and texturing waterfall and slide, electrician came and did all the electrical work, stone guys came and started flagstone and ledgstone...THEN rain...stone guys stayed until rain passed and then continued until dark.

I'll try to post pics tomorrow of progress. Rain Rain go away.

Okay...it's tomorrow. Hopefully it is nice weather today. I woke up to major noise at 6:40am and I said to my hubby.....that's the pebble tec guys (across the street neighbor) and sure enough it was!!! I wanna see some flagstone...pretty please!

Andiejj,

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that your neighbor is my boss...he is using Sunset and he got pebble today bright and early...small world huh...figured it out yesterday when I had a meeting with him. It's amazing there are so many people posting on here and we both know him...

Flagstone and ledgestone guys were here today....didn't get a chance to take pics. They are still out there and it's 9:10pm...hopefully back in the morning to start tile. I'll post pics when I can, but it's looking pretty good to me.

WOW! Small world's right. Now you can't vent stuff about your boss here, you have to find another "Venting About Your Boss Forum" for that. :lol:

Good to here stuff is still rolling there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.