Wanted to share the dome I build

Just a hunch that 8"+ of heavy wet snow inverts the arch if you can't be there to keep the accumulation down.
Love the concept though and I'm not rooting against you!

So the whole structure is resting on the pool edge, but not actually attached to the pool?

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a hunch that 8"+ of heavy wet snow inverts the arch if you can't be there to keep the accumulation down.
Love the concept though and I'm not rooting against you!

That definitely is a concern. I wanted to beef up the structure more but as I started too late I didn't wanted to get in the water (too cold) to add one more support on the top of the arch running length wise. My plan is ti beef it up next year before I raise it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you thought of wrapping shrink wrap around the cover to secure it to the pool?

I did, but because of the deck i wont be able to go around. I will be relying on the hanging weights to keep the cover in place.

How do you plan to support the lower part of the frame from bowing out? I was thinking of adding a couple of sticks of conduit across the base. Hate the idea of something in the middle, obstructing use, but I just know that without it, the center of the dome is going to collapse as the bottom bows out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.