Want to control color changing LED with screen logic what do I need to buy?

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
So my pool builder installed a 3rd party led color changing light system and wired it into my EasyTouch as a basic on/off feature. This is fine, but they say it can't be controlled specifically under the light section of my screenlogic. To change the color or mode, you need to cycle on/off the power which doesn't work through screenlogic, mainly because the interface is too slow switching on/off the circuit.

So, I assume to use the "lighting" section of the screen logic, you probably need a specific pentair brand light. Yes? Do you also need a controller of some sort to wire into the serial bus of the easytouch? How does this all work?

THanks crew!

quick update. This is going to work for switching on/off the lights in succession to change modes for my light. Of course the modes aren't identical between the manufacturers, but I am at least able to easily switch modes. My light is a BlueSquare Spectrum 360. While I like the light, I wish my builder would have been transparent about this light not integrating with the easytouch/screenlogic. At least I have a workaround.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.