Walmart Extended warranty worth it for Coleman pool?

Apr 15, 2017
GA
I'm getting a 22ft pool tomorrow, and the warranty seems reasonable. The 3 yr is $44, and 4 yr is $66. I read about liners tearing and so forth, but didn't know if the warranty would cover it. Seems $44 is a decent price to pay for a $500 pool to replace it.

I'm adding an intex sand pump and salt system, I will be adding a skimmer as well. I also didn't know if modifications void it. Does it cover rusting? Is it voided with a salt water system?

My personal opinion - the pool will either be fine or be damaged when you set it up. The warranty it comes with should be fine for the pool...now equipment? That might be worth it, but check it out with a pencil to be sure and read the fine print.

I was hoping from some personal experience good or bad. I have read over the information on the walmart site, and it seems this is a generic warranty that is a "one size fits all" I'm not sure how to discern how to apply it to the pool.

I just read the terms and conditions and it has categories, but it doesn't have an outdoor play equipment, pool, or any other category this would fit except maybe furniture. There is nothing in there for pools directly, or even indirectly that I can find. Odd

I don't have any experience with the warranties, but I've had a number of Intex pools and I've never had a failure in the pool itself that wasn't somehow my own fault.

I have had pumps that quit after a couple of years, but not the liner or frame itself. Personally, I'd skip the warranty.

I would skip the extended warranty as well. I'm going on three seasons with mine, and other than a bit of liner fade, and a couple of small spots of rust on the welds my pool has been flawless.

I'm sure that modifying the pool in any way, especially cutting the liner to install a skimmer, will void any warranty claims on said liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.