Waiting for test kit!!!

Ok it just got done raining here and I have new results. Also when doing a CYA test it says when the black dot disappears to stop filling the tube. What does that mean? Disappears because of the bubbles or is the water supposed to be cloudy or what? I'm confused on that part.

PH:6.8
FC:4
CC:0
TC:4
TA:30
Hard:30
CYA: not sure I'm doing the test right but it never disappears.

Your PH and TA are both too low. It is important that you take care of this soon. The simplest thing to do is to raise the PH with soda ash/washing soda/PH Up, which will also raise the TA by about the right amount. You can also use a combination of borax and baking soda if you want to.

Your CYA level is zero. When your CYA level is higher the solution will turn white/milky and the black dot will be obscured. If the solution stays clear it means that your CYA level is zero (or very close to zero).

Ok added some "PH ADD" this morning and about an hour later took a reading. Here it is.

PH:7.8
FC:7.5
CC:0
TC:7.5
TA:40
Hard:40
CYA:0

I can't find any conditioner here in town so I'm ordering it online and today and it should be here on Tuesday.
Gonna add more baking soda per the calc. The calc also says to add calcium chloride. I checked the pool school and still can't seem to find out what that is. Or maybe that IS what it is. lol.

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get the conditioner/stabilizer/CYA. You need to get some in there sooner rather than later. The sun is consuming your FC without it (stabilizer/conditioner/CYA) and you will get algae.

Disregard the Calcium Chloride for now.

Well I just got back. Lowe's, Walmart, Target don't have any and the pool stores are closed on Sundays and Mondays. :( We don't have a home Depot and soon I will be going to work.

My son really wants to know if he can go in the pool, and I told him I'll have to ask you guys. So do you think it would be alright?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If the water is clear and FC is between 1.0 and 3.0, swimming should be fine. Without any CYA, your FC level is probably quite low by now, so you might need to add a little more 15 minutes before swimming.

moundman said:
OK I got some conditioner now and I'm gonna go add it now and then retake the tests in about an hour.
This may have been said already, CYA doesn't show up on the tests for about a week so don't waste testing reagents testing CYA in an hour. After a day or so just assume the level you were shooting for and adjust your chemical additions appropriately. Retest CYA in a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.