Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

Chickinvic

Jul 12, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Has anyone installed Latham’s Urban Marble? I saw some pics that some of you found on the web but I wanted the opinion of someone who actually has it. I contacted Latham a few days ago, really disapointed, they have not replied.. I have to let my pool guy know ASAP and im hesitating between 3: Urban Marble, Reef or Natural Grey. We will have a 4 x 11 beach area therefor, maybe 4 inches of water so I want a pattern that will look beautiful in that depth as well. My pool guy did recommend Sandstone but I figured it wasnt going to match the rest of my « design » around the pool which is in the black, grey and white colours...
Pictures I've seen of the Reef look really nice. We are getting Sandstone with no border, and our pool deck is going to be black around the edge of the pool with grey for the rest of the deck. PS - I'm in Ottawa - just a couple hours from you. This spring has been so awful this year. We haven't had more than a couple nice days so far.

Reactions: inatae

Nicole Benoit

May 29, 2019
Lorraine, Quebec
Pictures I've seen of the Reef look really nice. We are getting Sandstone with no border, and our pool deck is going to be black around the edge of the pool with grey for the rest of the deck. PS - I'm in Ottawa - just a couple hours from you. This spring has been so awful this year. We haven't had more than a couple nice days so far.
Omg, Spring is awful here as well!! Its been nice and warm since Thursday 🤞🏼 We’re getting our pool monday and we went with Urban Marble, i’ll post some pics once its done!!

kstough

Jun 7, 2019
Ozark, AL
Since Urban Marble wasn’t an option for us in the U.S. , We went with Reef and love it... I know others have posted reef, which helped us decide... here are our reef liner photos in full sun and shade...
Reef is the liner I want for our new build coming up, but our PB discouraged us from it. He said it's printed on a white background which means it is susceptible to fading. He recommends liners printed on a gray background, like Grey Mosaic. I am thoroughly confused now. I REALLY love the look of reef. Has anyone had reef for a few years? Has it faded for you??

Reactions: inatae

gvalas

Bronze Supporter
Feb 3, 2018
Raleigh NC
Reef is the liner I want for our new build coming up, but our PB discouraged us from it. He said it's printed on a white background which means it is susceptible to fading. He recommends liners printed on a gray background, like Grey Mosaic. I am thoroughly confused now. I REALLY love the look of reef. Has anyone had reef for a few years? Has it faded for you??
That’s interesting. We’ve selected reef for our liner. Our PB said to stay away from the blues and white swirls because those will fade over time and are printed on a white liner. He didn’t say that about the reef color that we selected. They actually just attempted to install it today but the manufacturer cut it short on splash deck. :( I’ll take a pic and post to my pool build thread tomorrow. I think it’s gonna look nice once it’s filled.

Reactions: kstough

Turquoise27

Apr 3, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Needing to make a liner decision VERY soon and aiming for aqua-colored water and for warranty reasons wish to stick with Latham. Considering the NEW Tan Seastone but having a really hard time finding installation pics. Does anyone have photos to share?

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
I posted our liner in this thread three years ago: Liner at 13 years old. Well now at 16 years old, it's ready to be replaced. This liner has a baby blue backside. I came across a video where a guy tells about how the different backside color of a liner may affect the pool. I found it pretty interesting. Although I thought the whole video was interesting, it's about 1:50 that he talks and shows different liners with backing colors: Youtube-How to Pick a Vinyl Liner

kstough

Jun 7, 2019
Ozark, AL
That’s interesting. We’ve selected reef for our liner. Our PB said to stay away from the blues and white swirls because those will fade over time and are printed on a white liner. He didn’t say that about the reef color that we selected. They actually just attempted to install it today but the manufacturer cut it short on splash deck. :( I’ll take a pic and post to my pool build thread tomorrow. I think it’s gonna look nice once it’s filled.
I went ahead and ordered the Reef too. I love the color too much to worry about the possibility of it fading over time :)

jxc241

May 1, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Omg, Spring is awful here as well!! Its been nice and warm since Thursday 🤞🏼 We’re getting our pool monday and we went with Urban Marble, i’ll post some pics once its done!!
How’s the install coming? I’m still waiting for our pool install to start. Still no word on a start date. Would love to see pics of your urban marble when it’s complete.

Reactions: Nicole Benoit

Chickinvic

Jul 12, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Our new liner finally got installed today (Poolwerks Sandstone). The 2nd water truck has just arrived (we have a 20 x 40 pool so I think it will take about 4-5 truck loads). Looking great so far. Will take pictures when done.

Nicole Benoit

May 29, 2019
Lorraine, Quebec
How’s the install coming? I’m still waiting for our pool install to start. Still no word on a start date. Would love to see pics of your urban marble when it’s complete.
Very stressful, thank god my hubby works from home, he was able to save a few mistakes!!! They were able to respect the start date they have given us a few weeks ago, we were pretty surprised cause there is a lot of delay du to awful weather we’ve had so far, hope you get yours soon!! The liner should be installed today (finally!) i’ll post pics with and without water, I know a lot of you are excited to see and so am I!!

Nicole Benoit

May 29, 2019
Lorraine, Quebec
We finally got our Urban Marble liner! Here a couple pics! Very happy of our choice!!

Attachments

rdwarior

Jun 4, 2019
St. Catharines
Hi TFP people...
My wife and I are in the final approach to our pool excavation date and we have yet to decide on a liner.
We think that we have it narrowed down to three Latham liners...

Urban Marble
Reef
Pixel Blue Pearl

We’ve seen plenty of Reef pictures and thanks to Nicole we've seen Urban Marble now.
The impossible liner to find real pictures of is Pixel Blue Pearl.
If anyone has this liner and is willing to share pics, please do so.
Or, if anyone can post pics of it that they’ve found online that would be awesome as well!
Cheers.

GinaZuke

Jun 27, 2019
Illinois
Hi, all! My husband and I are deciding between Butterfly Effect and Disco Pearl both by Latham. Anyone have any pictures? He loves Butterfly, but I'm worried it's too dark with the lack of sunlight hours in our backyard. I really LOVE Reef, but he thinks it's too light. I've seen a couple pics of Butterfly with water, but I've found nothing of Disco Pearl. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I never thought choosing a liner was going to be so difficult!!